On September 19 my Father and I headed out on a seven-day tour of southern Ontario.
Each night we camped at a different Ontario provincial park – Bass Lake, Arrowhead, Mew Lake, Silent Lake, Ferris and Emily. After we stopped each night, I wrote down my thoughts on each day in a diary. I’ve never been much of a diary keeper – I’ve always found it feels weird to write to yourself – but for some reason this time it felt easy.
As the tour progressed I started to wonder about posting the diary entries publicly – this was the genesis of this site. As I publish each post I’ll update the list here:
- Day one: Toronto to Bass Lake
- Day two: Bass Lake to Arrowhead
- Day three: Arrowhead to Mew Lake
- Day four: Mew Lake to Silent Lake
- Day five: Silent Lake to Ferris Provincial Park
- Day six: Ferris Provincial Park to Emily Provincial Park
- Day seven: In limbo
- Day eight: Emily Provincial Park to Toronto
This was the first tour I’ve done like this. Having completed it I can say with certainty that it won’t be the last. I’m already thinking about what can come next; with the winter soon approaching I expect the next one will have to wait until next year so I’ll have plenty of time to plan for it.